MenuLogo
print
* Login   * Register * FAQ

This webpage is only properly viewable in Landscape mode on Mobile Phones.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

(Board Index = Refresh page)

Post subject: Pike
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:27 pm 
Site Admin

I have not done any pike fishing in any of Thetfords rivers for many years, although i did catch two down at the Cloverfield patch in September 2004, they only weighed 4oz each hehehe, they were caught in the process of going for some bream, perch and rudd all in the 1lb and above range. Before i moved away from Thetford in 1991, i had caught many pike up to about 7lb, but all the big ones eluded me, well most of them did, although i can say i know what they are like between the weights of 20-40lb, because they are the size of the fish i have had on, just to land one that size with a 1ft pan net and 3lb line with no trace is near on impossible, is not to say that you cant catch on that kind of setup, but very unlikely, as with the ones i had, they only need flick their head to the side and the line is sheared on their teeth, i even had to wave my bank stick in the water, then pat the pike on the side gently to make it move out my swim, it was happy sitting there after taking my one 1lb 8oz Rudd in a fishing match, the thing i forgot to say, is it took me about 5 -10 minutes to scare the pike off, everyone else must of thought what is he doing splashing about like that the Muppet, if only they knew, but turned out ok i came 2nd in the match. Anyway, i am sure you guys have something funnier or more interesting then that to tell me about. It would be nice to hear another pike story.